Autumn is the perfect time of year for anything spiced, but sometimes you just want to mix it up from pumpkin spiced everything! It’s pear season in the UK, and these spiced pear and bran muffins are a perfect snack for satisfying that comforting spice craving, while eating seasonally and getting extra fibre.
- 1 1/2 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. Red River Cereal or mixed grain cereal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 large pears, diced. Skin removed
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 176°C. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the wet ingredients including the pear.
- Next, add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined (should still be lumpy)
- Bake in muffin tin (with optional reusable liners) for 25 minutes.
These spiced pear and bran muffins are best stored in the fridge. Can be frozen!