After indulging during the holiday season, we all aspire to eat cleaner. One of my go-to options for a healthy breakfast or snack is banana bread. I’ve got a few recipes on this blog already, including my Yes, it is the perfect banana bread, Healthy Coconut Banana Bread, and Banana Blender Muffins. Here’s another easy recipe for healthy cinnamon banana muffins! This recipe is naturally sweetened with honey, high in fibre, and full of cinnamon flavour.
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup runny honey
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour (can be a mix of all purpose and wholewheat)
- 1/4 cup bran
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Optional: blueberries, chocolate chips, chopped nuts
- Sprinkle of oats, cinnamon, and brown sugar for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 165°C. Line or grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil with the honey. Add the eggs and whisk well. Then add the mashed bananas and water, followed by the baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla and whisk again.
- Add the flour, oats, and bran, and stir with a wooden spoon until just incorporated.
- Stir in any optional add-ins. Batter should be lumpy.
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
These healthy cinnamon banana muffins can be frozen up to three months! ? You can just pull one out of the freezer and add it to your lunch bag, or defrost in the microwave for breakfast and spread some peanut butter on it. Yum!