Apologies for this post going up a day late! I’ve been working long hours and my weekend schedule got changed last minute. Yesterday Lucy and I went for a walk (since it was the first warm sunny day in FOREVER) and in the evening we went for dinner with friends. Unfortunately we’re back to grey weather today, but that means I don’t mind being inside writing.
It’s a combination of the warmer weather, brighter mornings, and well, the shit that’s going on in the world, that’s inspired this week’s post — a positive spring favourites!
The birds singing. My favourites are the UK (and American) robin, the wren, and the blackbird. In case you’re not from the UK or unfamiliar with these birds’ songs, here is a helpful link.
- The song These Days by Rudimental (feat. Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Dan Caplen). I’ve been listening to it non-stop.
- Easter chocolate — specifically Lindt bunnies, mini eggs, and marvelous creations (has popping candy and jelly beans in it). I’d like to say that I repeated my portion control strategy from last year, but that would be a lie.
- I’m still loving my rose toner from The Body Shop, which I wrote about here. It’s light and gentle and smells very “spring like”; I use it every morning to prep my face for foundation.
- The film Ready Player One. We saw this a few weeks ago and I’ve been thinking about it ever since. Even if you’re not into video games or sci-fi films, I seriously recommend you go see it in 3D purely for the amazing special effects!
- One of my favourite spring perfumes is Marc Jacobs Honey (featured in the centre of the photo below). It’s sweet, but not sickly, and smells fresh like a good-quality shower gel.
- A bit of a random one, but for cleaning I’ve been loving the Method brand cleaners. I particularly like the grapefruit one, which is multi surface cleaner, and the wild rhubarb scent (though Lucy doesn’t like that one as much because she finds it weird that the scent comes from lactic acid).
- My H&M eyeshadow stick in Frou Frou is a spring staple. It brightens up my eyes, and is a soft, pretty colour that works well with my spring outfits. Find out more details from last week’s post.
- Another body product I’ve been loving is the Dove Shower Foam in “Revitalizing Pear”. I’ve had the pistachio version previously, but this pear one smells even more amazing. Plus, these shower foams often go on sale so you can get it fairly inexpensively and it lasts for ages!
- A show Lucy and I have been binge-watching on Netflix is Jerry Seinfeld’s Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. I watch a lot of comedies and we both enjoy standup so this show is great fun to watch. Jerry is a bit of an egotist, but it’s
interesting listening to comedians discuss their process on coming up with bits and performance experiences.
- Finally, this is a bit of a two-in-one favourite. I got the black sweater in the photo recently from Asos because I wanted a medium weight long cardigan for spring and autumn. This one is by the brand Brave Soul London (no longer available), and I’ve been impressed with it. Also featured in the photo is an old scarf from Primark that I love to wear in spring! 🙂
That’s all from me! I’ve got a couple of hectic weeks coming up but I’ll still have posts coming on Saturdays and fingers crossed the warm weather stays!